Wednesday, October 25, 2006

roommate advice??

Ok, so I have a major problem with my roommate. The thing is, we have been friends since eigth grade, so I really don't want to hurt her feelings. She is really messy and loses things all the time. Since we were already friends, we share some stuff, well she didn't bring up scissors or dishes. She has already lost most of my spoons and forks and scissors. Also, our room gets really messy and I'm a clean person, I don't want to clean up her stuff though. No, that is not my major problem, don't worry, I could deal with that. Well, her boyfriend is also going to this school (he only lives one floor up from us and one room over), yeah, I've known him since eighth grade too. So my boyfriend is back in our hometown (three hours away) and I only see him every other weekend. My roommate and her boyfriend know this is really hard from me (I'm also away from my two best friends), yeah, not good at changes. Well, they only really care about themselves. Seriously, it's true. My roommate seems to always either need her boyfriend sleep in our dorm room or she sleeps in his every night!! I seriously don't know why you would need to do that.. Yeah, it got really bad one time, she had him sleep here every night the whole week, so I told her on Friday, that I prefer he doesn't, then she said a stupid snotty comment (I think, "you could have said it nicer" I really did say it pretty nice, since I was screaming at her in my head..) and it was stupid. Yeah, now she is having him spend the night here every other night. See, she doesn't ask me if he can, she just assumes that since I know him, it's fine.. She also goes about it completely the wrong way. Like I said she doen't ask me first, also I go to sleep first those nights (cause I have an 8:00 class), so I'm already sleeping and she just decides to have him spend the night. Wake up suprise for me! Yeah, since I have the first class, I have to get ready first and that is completely akward.. Yeah, I get soo mad at her and him because they never think about me. I seriously feel invisible sometimes in my dorm room. He will come in and they will lay on her bed and kiss, makeout, giggle, and touching is going on too. I mean seriously, how inconsiderate is that?
Yeah, I don't want her to get mad at me though, I feel like she will if I say something and then she will ruin the rest of this year for me (she can get evil sometimes when she is holding a gruge). Yeah, I'm completely a non-confrontational person... So, I really don't know what I should do that I actually am able to do.. Does anyone have any advice?? I would seriously appreciate it. Thanks for listening to my problems.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

If you want some serious advice, you should try to get the both of you to sit down together and create some ground rules. Make sure that you actually listen to her and that you go into the meeting with an open mind. Even if you don't get much done, you'll both be able to get some things out into the open.