Monday, October 23, 2006

episodes three and four

So, my internet just kicked me off, I had already written everything about episode three and I lost it. Yeah, sorry because I don't remember what I wrote but I will try..

episode 3
I really like that they talked about the artists and played their music. I enjoyed that. One thing that I don't enjoy about reading the books is that you don't get to hear what the artist's songs sound like. I am always curious and want to know, but at the same time, to lazy to try to get them to come up on pandora... So yeah, I enjoyed hearing the songs and the speeches. I liked how there was a variety of music, something there for everyone. I thought that it was really cool that Asche was not doing it for the money, but trying to bring back and save some music that people do and would enjoy listening to. I don't remember what else I wrote, sorry about that..
episode 4
The introduction with Harry Smith was really cool. I really liked his saying, "My dreams came true. I saw America change through music." I actually didn't like the song called Judgement. His voice was too scratchy for me and the kid was kind of yelling the words. Sorry, if you liked it, I just didn't, but that's ok, because I liked a lot of the other stuff. I actually really enjoyed listening to the song that had words somewhat like this (I missed the name of the song) "king kong kissy kissy cry me oh" because it was really random. I like randomness. I talked more about the song selections because this computer was acting weird and I ended up missing part of the episode, where they did a lot of talking. Sorry, I didn't have the time or patience to find where I was at, so yeah, that's why.. I liked that he didn't put what race the artists were, so the listeners would listen to songs that they normally wouldn't listen too. I thought that was really cool because you shouldn't decide not to listen to a song because of the race of the artist. The author said that these were all artists that were "saying listen to me, pay attention to me, I have something to tell you.. attempting to stand out in their communties." I liked that because it's true. The artists are telling stories and they do want you to listen to them because they are trying to tell you something, it could be advice or something in the human nature that is wrong, but people do it anyway (back when he was talking about racism).
I hope that it wasn't too similar to everyone else's blogs. I didn't try to do that or anything.

No comments: